Friday, May 11, 2018

My Camelot Moment


It's May! It's May! The Lovely Month of May!

Generally speaking, I would describe myself as "cautiously pessimistic" regarding the "human condition", rather than outright pessimistic. I think this came about because an agreeable combination of good luck, easy living, and a moderate temperament has served me well enough to grant me more happiness than grief. (Not that there haven't been some deep valleys between these green hills of earth at times). No slopes, thus far, slippery or perilous enough to have me choose to become an angry loner or an overly disappointed curmudgeon, because of the good hand life has dealt me. So, relative to many people, I suspect that I have little, or nothing, to complain about. Perhaps, I simply choose to be happy by thinking less, feeling less, and doing less.

As long as my run of luck holds out, I’ll be fine. It’s a crapshoot, though, and I don't recommend this way of surviving to those who can’t deal with accepting the inevitable (that shit will happen) as well as I can.

Pass/Don’t Pass, but ante up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be appreciated.